Why choose Scratchpads?
Create your own site
Create your own website to connect, work with and share your data.
Read more about creating your site.
Publish your data online
Scratchpads are an easy and effective way to present your data online.
Read more about publishing your data.
Contribute to biodiversity knowledge
Link and share your structured data to make it widely accessible.
Read more about contributing knowledge.
Collaborate with your peers
Whether you want to prepare a paper with colleagues, build a bibliographic database or create
a reference collection of images and observations, Scratchpads can help.
Read more about collaborating.
Join the community!
This week at the TDWG 2020 conference we presented our intention to migrate Scratchpads away from its current Drupal codebase and towards a system that’s easier to support. Part of this involves an exploration of data storage platforms that we can partner with so that our developers can focus more on the user interface.Read more
Scratchpads version 2.9.12 has been released, and we are in the process of updating all sites to this latest version.Read more
Scratchpads version 2.9.11 has been released, and we are in the process of updating all sites to this latest version.Read more
The Scratchpads 2.9.8 release is a maintenance release, fixing a few minor bugs and upgrading Drupal from 7.63 to 7.67.Read more
It's been a busy few months for the Scratchpad team. Today, we completed the deployment of Scratchpads version 2.9.7 to all sites. This was the culmination of the first six-week sprint from Ginger, who implemented the following bug fixes and features in this release:Read more
- Fixed overlapping borders in tables (#5863 - @alycejenni)
- Search submits after clicking an autocomplete suggestion (#5869 - @alycejenni)
- Stopped the upload button jumping around (#5871 - @alycejenni)
- Fixed image display issues on species pages slideshows (#5873 - @alycejenni)
- Allow blocks to be added to main content (#5876 - @benscott)
- "Other" added to gender options in biographies (#5879 - @alycejenni)
- Hide Auto label from Admin>Structure (#5880 - @alycejenni)
- View recently opened/closed issues from sidebar (#5887 - @alycejenni)
- Italics tags allowed in biblio titles again (#5898 - @alycejenni)
- Display terms in a fallback language if not defined in current language (#5905 - @alycejenni)
- Autotag's "fields to populate" drop-down items (#5906 - @alycejenni)
- Fixed AJAX error in contact form when Antibot enabled (#5907 - @alycejenni)
- Fixed CSS issues with custom non-view blocks (#5909 - @alycejenni)
- Titles for custom blocks now display (#5910 - @alycejenni)
- Crossbrowser maps fix (#5904 - @benscott)
- Replace Google-based maps (gm3 module) ( @PaulKiddle)
- Character handling in Literature (#5831, #5803 - @benscott)
- Greek letters (#5769 - @benscott)
- Large file uploads (#5763 - @benscott)
- Performance issues (#5743 - @benscott)
- Private groups context indexing (#5699 - @benscott)
- Spam user registration (#5687 - @benscott)
- Scratchpads classification service (#5674 - @benscott)
- Taxonomy tree widget (#5657 - @benscott)
- Docker SOLR replace image ( @benscott)
- EOL services access #5688 (@benscott)
- Scratchpad sandbox offline (#5824 - @benscott)
- Scratchpads.eu stats (#5689 - @benscott)
- PHP 7.1 Docker (#5808 - @benscott)
Scratchpads around the world
Our 26 Scratchpads ambassadors are located across the globe: